Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Watermelon and Tomatillo Salad
Recipe adapted from Patismexicantable.com
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 cups, about 1/2 pound tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup, about 3 ounces mild feta or queso fresco, crumbled or cut into small dice
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, about 5 to 6, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño or Serrano chile, or to taste (seeding optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Place the watermelon cubes and tomatillo slices in a large bowl. In a small bowl, add the chopped mint and jalapeño. Squeeze the fresh lime juice on top, stir in the vinegar, sprinkle the salt and mix. Pour the olive oil and mix with a whisk or fork until well emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette on top of the watermelon and tomatillos, toss well and sprinkle the cheese on top.
April Rawluszki, Tucson CSA