We offer a variety of frozen meat from Chiricahua Pasture Raised (CPR) Meats and Forbes Meat Co. in the CSA Shop on a weekly basis. Every few months we buy whole animals from CPR Meats and offer pork, beef, or lamb shares which enable CSA members to get a few different cuts of meat at a slight discount.
Chiricahua Pasture Raised Meats
- Ground pork
- Ground beef
- Whole chickens
- Chicken quarters
- Chicken livers
- Chicken feet
Forbes Meat Co.
- Italian sausage
- Breakfast sausage
- Chorizo rojo
- Chorizo verde
- Bacon. No nitrates.
- Pork chops
- Miscellaneous beef and pork roasts.
Come check out our CSA Shop for Details
Meat shares can be reserved at our front desk during pickup hours when available. They are generally offered once every few months in buying-club fashion. Typically, we announce their upcoming availability on our website, newsletters, blackboard and weekly e-mails. Meat shares can be purchased by paying a $20 deposit per share at our front desk at the time of ordering. The balance is paid upon picking up the shares, usually 2 to 4 weeks later. Meat shares are limited in numbers and they go first-come, first-served. All meats come frozen. Unlike produce share, which are delivered weekly, meat shares come in a single delivery.
- Beef Shares weigh 8-9 pounds, cost approx. $8.50/lb and typically include 2 steaks (~2 lbs), 1 roast (2-3 lbs), ground beef (~2 lbs) and one miscellaneous cut (1-2 lbs of one of the following: BBQ ribs, short ribs, stew meat, or soup bones).
- Lamb is available through shares only. Shares weigh 8-9 pounds, cost $10.50/lb and typically include ground (~1 lb), roast (2-3 lbs), shanks (1-2 lbs), chops (~2 lbs), riblets (~1 lb).
- Pork shares weigh 8-10 pounds each, cost approx. $7.00/lb and typically include ground meat (2 lbs), Italian Sausage (2 lbs), 1 pack chops (~ 1.5 lbs, ), 1 roast (2-3 lbs), and spare ribs or baby back ribs (~2 lbs).
- Turkeys ($4.50/lb): we start taking orders in late September and the turkeys can be picked up the week before Thanksgiving.
Note: Weights, prices and contents of shares may, and do, vary.