Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Use this salsa to garnish your tacos or burritos. It is also refreshing alongside a steak, or any other heavy, hearty dish. This is a great salsa with just the cilantro and lime juice, but you can add the others spices to your personal taste. Soaking the onion and radish in water for just 10 minutes takes away some of the smelly sulfur compounds and mellows the flavors considerably.
- About 1 cup radishes, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped
- Juice from one lime
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch toasted mustard seeds (if desired)
- 1 pinch ground cumin (if desired)
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (if desired)
Put diced radish and onion into fresh, cold water to soak for 10 minutes. Drain well and toss with lime juice, cilantro, spices and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA