Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
- 1 egg, beaten (or 1 T ground flaxseed + 3 T warm water; let sit 5-10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown or white sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini/summer squash, with skin but without seeds
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1) Heat the oven to 350º. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a small whisking bowl, whisk together the egg, applesauce, sugar, honey, and vanilla extract.
3) In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir the ingredients together until they’re combined. Fold in the shredded squash and chocolate chips.
5) Use a spoon to scoop the batter onto the baking sheets. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the cookies are golden-brown. Cool on a rack before serving.
Submitted by Paula Borchardt, Tucson CSA