Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Stewed Spring Veggies
- 3-5 baby artichokes, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 bag green beans, chopped
- 1 medium squash, chopped
- 2-3 new potatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large can (28 ounce) chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano or marjoram
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
To trim artichokes, cut stems from base, remove tough outer leaves and trim off top 1/2 inch of vegetable. Cut each choke into quarters and place in water until ready to use.
Prepare other veggies and combine all ingredients together in a large soup pot. Bring to a slow simmer and cook over medium low heat for about 35 minutes until all ingredients are tender. Drizzle with vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice or pasta or polenta.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA