Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
- 1 pound apricots, pits removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion or 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
Heat oil to medium heat in a small saucepan. Add onions, garlic, salt, Cayenne, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fry for a few minutes until onions are tender. Add garlic, ginger and mustard. Stir and simmer for a few minutes. Add apricots. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes, or until they become mushy. Add sugar, apple cider vinegar and raisins. Simmer and reduce, uncovered, for 1/2 hour or until it reaches the consistency of jam.
Serve cool or at room temperature, as a condiment with sweet potatoes, fritters, empanadas, roasted chicken or pork. Will keep 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Submitted by Philippe, Tucson CSA