Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Spicy Grapefruit and Fennel Salad
Regular canned olives won’t work well in this recipe. If you don’t have good quality, oil cured black olives, just omit them. The salad will still be delicious. For a more substantial salad, add slices of ripe avocado, too.
- 2 grapefruit, peeled, segmented and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 large bulb fennel, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6-8 oil cured black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- Red chile flakes, to taste
- Olive oil, drizzle
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, to taste
Toss together grapefruit, fennel, onion and olives. Dress with chile flakes, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese before serving.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA