Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Carrot Fennel Salad
Serve the mixture alone, or over spinach or spring mix for a more substantial dish.
- 2-3 carrots, sliced into thin strips (or grated)
- 1 head fennel, any woody core removed, sliced into thin
- strips (use leafy fennel fronds for garnish if desired)
- 3 green onions, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 apple, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix vegetables together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, orange juice and Dijon mustard. Pour over vegetables and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with apple slices right before serving
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA