Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Italian Dandelion Greens
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, or ½ can stewed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch dandelion or other greens, washed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped olives and/or capers
- 2+ tablespoons goat cheese
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and pepper and sauté for about five minutes. Add garlic, greens, tomatoes, olives/capers and red pepper flakes. Stir well and cover, reducing heat to medium low. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
When greens and tomatoes are well cooked, remove from heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar. Stir well. Add goat cheese and serve over cooked pasta, toasted bread or cooked wheat berries.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA