Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Braising Greens And Rice Pilaf
This is an easy way to use up one whole bunch of braising greens for a satisfying meal or side-dish.
- 1 bunch of braising greens (or any greens), sliced in ribbons
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 two-ounce can anchovies (optional)
- 1 stalk lemon grass (optional), cut in 1 inch segments
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup rice
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute the rice in 1 tablespoon of oil until it begins to puff. Add 2 cups of water, a pinch of salt and a dash of black pepper. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until water has evaporated. Saute the onion rings, garlic, lemon grass and anchovies in the other tablespoon of oil for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add greens and stir gently for another 5-10 minutes until greens are soft but still vivid green. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve on a bed of rice and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Submitted by Philippe, Tucson CSA