Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Elote Blanco with Rice
- 2 ears of elote blanco, kernels sliced off cob
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- Chile powder to taste (or ground pepper)
- Salt to taste
Heat oil over high heat in a saucepan. Add rice. Fry the rice, stirring frequently, until it begins to color. Add the onion, garlic, salt and chile powder. Continue to fry and stir until the rice turns gold (about 5 minutes).
Add broth and corn to the rice. Cover and do not stir again. Bring back to boil then let simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for another 30 minutes.
Submitted by Philippe Waterinckx, Tucson CSA