Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Wheat Berry Salad
- 1 cup uncooked wheat berries
- 1/2 orange juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 beet, turnip or daikon, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, grated
- 1/8 cup each chopped dates, raisins, dried cranberries, walnuts,
- dried coconut
Soak wheat berries covered in water in a large bowl overnight. Drain, and place in saucepan covered with salted water. Bring to boil and then simmer until berries are tender (1-2 hours). Drain remaining water and let cool. Mix orange, lemon, and oil in bowl, add to wheat berries and then add remaining ingredients.
Submitted by Rachel Yaseen, Two Spoons