Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Thai Inspired Melon Salad
This salad takes its inspiration from the classic Thai Green Papaya salad. It is usually a really spicy dish; use less chile if you want it milder.
- 1 melon (and/or cucumber), peeled and seeded, julienned or cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dried chile flakes or 2 thai chiles, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2-3 limes
- 1 handful mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
Crush chile and garlic together into a paste. Mix paste with fish sauce and the juice from two limes. Pour mixture over melon and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with mint, peanuts and thinly sliced limes to serve.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA