Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Summertime Potato Salad
Use a couple teaspoons of mole powder or other Mexican spice mix for this recipe. It is equally good served hot or cold. Roll it up in a tortilla with refried beans for an easy dinner, or serve cold over lettuce.
- ½ basket tomatoes, chopped
- ½ basket tomatillos, peeled and chopped
- About 3-4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- ½ bunch verdolagas, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or mole mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes until just tender. Drain. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and chili mix, and stir to coat. Cook until fragrant. Add pepper, tomatoes, tomatillos, onion and verdolagas. Cover and lower heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
Drizzle with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA