Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Summer Squash with Toasted Garlic and Lime
Quick and easy way to use up extra summer squash for a side dish or taco filling
- 1 lb. zucchini or yellow squash, cut in ‘½-inch cubes
- 1 scant teaspoon salt, plus more to season finished dish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth for sautéing
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried or 2 teaspoons freshly chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Toss the squash with the salt and let stand in a colander for 30 minutes over a dish or in the sink. Rinse and pat dry.
2. In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the vegetable broth until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Raise heat to medium-high.
3. Add squash to pan and saute for 8-10 minutes, until tender but a little crunchy.
4. Stir in lime juice, oregano, parsley, pepper, roasted garlic, and salt to taste. Mix well.
Submitted by Mariquita Farm, Watsonville, CA – www.mariquita.com