Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Summer Pasta with Goat Cheese
- 3/4 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced 3 gloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 3 cups summer squash, thinly sliced 1 large heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers, minced
- 4oz goat cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
1) Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
2) Add chile flakes, onions and garlic and cook for 7 minutes, until tender.
3) Add summer squash to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Salt the veggies with a few pinches of sea salt.
5) Add the diced tomato (with its juices) and capers and simmer everything for 10- 15 minutes over low heat while pasta is cooking.
6) Add spaghetti to the skillet with goat cheese and 1/2 cup pasta water and toss to evenly coat pasta.
7) Serve immediately.
Submitted by PERSON NAME HERE