Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Green Tonic Soup
The greens in this recipe are great for helping our systems adjust to the changing season. This brothy soup is light and refreshing, but you can make it more substantial by adding a can of white beans, and sour cream or yogurt.
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 3 cloves garlic or 1 bulb green garlic, minced
- 1 large handful sorrel, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 large handfuls greens, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 3 chard or beet stems, chopped
- 1 ½ quarts vegetable broth
- 2 hardboiled eggs, finely chopped, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to drizzle over individual servings
Bring vegetable broth to a simmer over medium high heat and add carrots, chard stems, garlic and rice. Cook for about 10 minutes and add endive. Cook an additional 5 minutes, then add sorrel and continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve. Garnish each bowl with a sprinkling of chopped eggs and a drizzle of olive oil.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA