Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Blanch verdolagas and dress them with a touch of toasted sesame oil and soy sauce for a Korean style side dish.
- Verdolagas, cleaned, stems cut into 2-3″ long pieces
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Drizzle soy sauce
- Red chile powder, if desired
- Toasted sesame seeds, if available
Blanch verdolagas strips in a large pot of well salted boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from water, rinse and drain. Mix remaining ingredients together. Gently squeeze excess moisture from verdolagas then massage together with the other ingredients. Taste and add soy sauce if needed.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA