Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Vegetarian Roasted Green Chile Stew
This dish lends itself well to use leftover vegetables. Don’t hesitate to substitute or add more vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, or mole pipian rojo
- 2-4 potatoes, diced
- 1 pound squash/zucchini, diced
- 6-8 roasted green chiles, skin and seeds removed, coarsely
- 1 lb diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bag braising mix (or mustard mix, or arugula), coarsely
- salt to taste
In a deep skillet, sauté onion in medium hot oil until translucent. Add garlic, cumin (or mole powder), potatoes and squash. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add green chiles, tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add more stock to obtain stew consistency if necessary. Turn off heat. Add braising mix (or other greens) and let it wilt in stew for 5 to 10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve with corn bread or tortillas and rice.
Submitted by Philippe Waterinckx, Tucson CSA