Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Roasted Beets and Squash Salad with Pomegranates
This salad can take at least two different directions. Tossed together with wheat berries or any other cooked grain it can be a heartymain dish. Or lay the squash and beets on top of a bed of lettuce for a lighter, more refreshing dish. It looks stunning either way!
- 1 acorn or delicata squash, seeds removed, sliced into wedges or rings
- 1 bunch beets, greens removed
- About 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- About 1/3 cup chopped pistachios or pecans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- About 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss beets and acorn squash together with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast until vegetables are tender. When beets are cool enough to handle, peel away skin and chop to desired size. Cut squash into similar size pieces. Toss veggies together with vinegar, salt and pepper, nuts, and pomegranate seeds.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA