Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Radish Potato Salad
Radishes make a great foil for a creamy potato salad. If you
have the time and inclination, make the basil aioli. If not, you
can stir the basil into a store-bought mayonnaise.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cooked and roughly chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- ½ bunch radishes, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- About ½ cup basil aioli
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup peanut oil or mild olive oil (or half of each)
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small bunch basil, well chopped
Stir together all ingredients. For the best flavor, let the salad sit in the fridge for an hour or so.
Use aioli with a potato salad or as a dip for steamed artichokes or raw vegetables. Also makes a good sandwich spread!
Whisk the egg yolk in a small bowl until light and smooth, then stir in the mustard, a pinch of salt, and the lemon juice.Whisk in the oil until the egg and oil thicken. Stir in garlic. Keep covered and refrigerated.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA