Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Quick Okra Jambalaya
Use leftover cooked rice for this easy recipe.
- 1 basket okra, cleaned and chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans (or use leftover chicken or sausage)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin, red chili, paprika, black pepper, oregano and thyme
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add okra and onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes then add tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and spices. Stir well, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 7 minutes, adding water if necessary to keep vegetables from sticking. Add beans (or chicken or sausage) and rice. Cook, stirring frequently until rice is heated through. Add salt to taste and serve.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA