Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Another easily adaptable recipe for our summer produce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, kernels scraped off
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 pound tomatoes, quartered
- Seasoning: salt, pepper and thyme to taste
- 1 bunch greens, such as chard, amaranth, or purslane, cut coarsely (optional)
- 1 handful basil, oregano, cilantro or parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 log (or more) goat cheese of any flavor (optional)
- Squash blossoms (optional)
In a large frying pan or saucepan, saute the onion in oil until soft. Add the corn kernels and garlic, and saute for 10 more minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Add the squash, tomatoes, and seasoning. Stir, cover, and simmer for 10 more minutes. Add any optional ingredients, stir gently, and simmer for another 1 or 2 minutes”€”the ingredients should wilt without overcooking. Serve with toasted tortillas or on a bed of rice or noodles.
Submitted by Philippe Waterinckx