Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Pear and Pecan Pasta
A salad topped with pears, pecans and blue cheese is becoming ubiquitous on restaurant menus across the country. Try this variation served over pasta for a heartier dish. If you can get your hands on fresh arugula or spinach, it would be delicious tossed it in at the last minute.
- 1 basket Asian pears, cored and slivered
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- About 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until well browned. Toss hot, freshly cooked pasta with onions, pecans, pears and cheese. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or as a cold pasta salad.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA