Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
- 1lb Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, shredded or julliened
- 2 small onion, diced
- 1 medium or 1/2 large summer squash, diced
- 2 yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Squash blossoms, torn or chopped
- Freshly chopped herbs
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- 1 tablespoon ouzo or pastis, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a pot of water to boil for pasta. Meanwhile, saute carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and beginning to caramelize. Add squash and garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant. Add broth and cook until broth is mostly evaporated. Add tomatoes, ouzo, squash blossoms and any herbs you are using. Cook about 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes begin to fall apart. Add drained pasta and additional tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle individual serving with a grated hard cheese, if you like. Serve hot or cold.
Submitted by Sara Jones