Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Minty Squash Pasta Salad
This is great hot or cold. Try using basil instead of mint and parsley for a nice change.
- 1 box penne or bowtie pasta
- About 2 teaspoons olive oil
- About 2 medium summer squash, cut into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 handful mint, chopped finely
- 1 handful parsley, chopped finely
- Zest of two limes
- Juice from one lime
- 2 teaspoons walnut or hazelnut oil (optional)
- Salt to taste
Cook pasta until al dente and set aside. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and squash. Cook stirring occasionally until squash begins to brown slightly. Remove from heat. Toss together pasta, squash mixture herbs, lime zest and juice. Drizzle with nut oil and salt to taste.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA