Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Also works great with turnips instead of kohlrabi. Because of its crisp, crunchy texture, kohlrabi is great served raw. If you want to practice your knife skills, julienne the kohlrabi, otherwise, it is fine grated. If you have large radishes use some in this recipe, too.
- 3 small to medium kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and grated
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- About 2 tablespoons orange juice, plus the zest from one
- 1 handful arugula or watercress, chopped into thin ribbons
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
Whisk together the garlic, mayo, mustard and orange juice. Pour mixture over kohlrabi and toss to coat. Add arugula just before serving to prevent
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA