Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, kernels scraped off
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 summer squash, diced
- 1 pound tomatoes, quartered
- Seasoning: salt, pepper and thyme to taste
- 1 bunch summer greens, such as amaranth or purslane, cut
- 1 handful basil, oregano, cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/3 log (or more) goat cheese of any flavor
In a skillet on medium hot, sauté the onion in oil until soft. Add the corn kernels and sauté for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Add the squash, tomatoes, garlic and seasoning. Stir, cover, and simmer for 10 more minutes. Add any optional ingredients, stir gently, and simmer for another 1 or 2 minutes. Serve with toasted tortillas or on a bed of rice or noodles.
Submitted by Philippe Waterinckx, Tucson CSA