Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Garlic confit is simply garlic that has been cooked in fat (in this case, olive oil) until it is tender and creamy. The spreadable cloves go well on a slice of bread, in pasta, or atop a pizza, and the garlic-infused oil can be used for cooking vegetables and meats or drizzling on finished dishes.
- 8 heads garlic
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat the oven to 350º F.
- Break apart the cloves of garlic and peel the cloves, being careful not to crush them.
- Place the garlic cloves in a small baking dish. Pour the olive oil over the garlic (you want them to be fully submerged in oil) and add the herbs and bay leaves to the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Allow the garlic and oil to come to room temperature and transfer to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few weeks or in the freezer for a few months.
Watch our garlic confit recipe demo here!
Submitted by Shelby Thompson