Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Endive Salad with Mint
This is a great way to use fresh chicories. The key to this salad is the mint, which, along with the lemon juice, adds freshness to balance the strong flavors of the cheese and olives. If you can, use a combination of endive and radicchio for a prettier salad.
- A few large handfuls chicory, washed, drained well and
- 2-3 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Small handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 handful good quality black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Juice from one lemon
- Good drizzle of olive oil
In a large bowl, toss together greens, fennel, onion and mint. Top mixture with olives, cheese and lemon juice. Toss gently, add a large drizzle of olive oil and toss again.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA