Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3 cloves garlic, pureed
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Chile flakes or chile powder to taste
- Thin spaghetti or other pasta of your choice
- Optional garnishes: additional Parmesan cheese, slivered sundried tomatoes, fresh basil
Roast the whole eggplant until the skin is blackened and the flesh has collapsed and is very soft. ‘ You can do this on a grill, in a dry heavy pan on the stove top, or in a hot oven. ‘ When the eggplant is cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop the flesh into a small food processor. ‘ Add the garlic, olive oil, cheese, optional chile and puree ‘ Toss with hot pasta and top with optional garnishes One recipe makes enough for 1-2 servings of pasta.
Submitted by Paula Redinger, Tucson CSA