Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Cool Summer Salad
This recipe calls for a small dice, about 1/4” for the ingredients. This helps the flavors meld and produces a nicer texture. If you have the time, it is really worth the extra work. If not, roughly chopped ingredients will work fine. If you have an extra large Armenian cucumber, cut it into several 2 inch tall pieces, scoop out most of the seeds and fill with the salad for a fancy, fun presentation.
- 1/2 medium sized melon, peeled, seeded and diced small
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 small or ½ large cucumber, diced small
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1-2 tablespoon red wine vinegar to taste
- 2 teaspoons good quality olive oil
- Small handful crumbles goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together all ingredients, except goat cheese. Let salad sit at least 30 minutes in refrigerator. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Serve in cucumber cups or small bowls.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA