Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Cool Summer Salad
This easy salad is perfect for watermelon or less ripe honeydew, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Cut into a smaller dice if you have the time, it is really worth the extra work. If not, roughly chopped ingredients are fine. If you have an extra large Armenian cucumber, cut it into several 2 inch tall pieces, scoop out most of the seeds and fill with the salad for a fancy, fun presentation.
- 1/2 medium sized melon, peeled, seeded and diced small
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 small or ½ large cucumber, diced small
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1-2 tablespoon red wine vinegar to taste
- 2 teaspoons good quality olive oil
- Small handful crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix together all ingredients, except goat cheese. Let salad sit at least 30 minutes in refrigerator. Before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Serve in cucumber cups or small bowls.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA