Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Cold Ramen Salad
- Two packs ramen noodles
- 1 large tomato or two smaller tomatoes
- About 2 cups matchstick-cut cucumber slices
- 1 package extra firm tofu, leftover chicken and/or hard boiled eggs, cubed
- 1/3 cup broth or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1-4 teaspoons sugar, to taste, if desired
- About 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Sprouts to garnish (optional)
Mix dressing ingredients together and set aside. Cook noodles just until al dente then drain and rinse well. Toss noodles immediately with about 1⁄4 of sauce mixture and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve noodles in individual bowls topped with tomatoes, cucumber and tofu, eggs or chicken adding more dressing as needed. Garnish with sprouts and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Submitted by Sara Jones