Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Chicken Salad with Beet and Celery
If you don’t eat meat, sauteed tempeh and cashews make a great substitute for the chicken, or use chopped hard boiled eggs. If you have dill it will make a delicious addition to this salad.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 medium or 1 large beet, cooked and diced into bite size pieces
- Large handful celery stems, finely chopped
- 3 green onions or a bunch of I’Itoi onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss all the ingredients together and let sit at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Use as a filling for sandwiches or lettuce wraps.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA