Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
There are many variations of Caponata, a traditional eggplant and tomato dish. It is often served cold as a topping for crusty bread or as a dip. This recipe is also good hot, served over pasta or a wheat berry or oat pilaf.
- 1 large or 2-3 small eggplant, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- About 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Saute onion and spices in oil over medium heat to release fragrance. Add eggplant, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in tomatoes and vinegar. Cover and cook until everything is tender and smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or cold.
Submitted by Sara, Tucson CSA