Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
- 1 small or three baby or Japanese eggplants, chopped into one inch cubes
- 1 bell pepper, green or red, cored, seeded and cut into one-inch pieces (substitute roasted chile from the freezer)
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into one-inch cubes, peeled if needed (not generally needed for our CSA potatoes)
- 1 pound zucchini or other summer squash, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 large red or yellow onion, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped, or one 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano, or 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Put into a large non-reactive (i.e., not metal ) baking dish. Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 1 ¼ hours until vegetables are very tender and a sauce forms in the pan. This is even better the next day.
Submitted by Lorraine Glazar, Tucson CSA