Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Some lucky members sampled this recipe in Rachel’s cooking demo last session. This is a great side dish, and is especially good for calming the burn of a spicy main dish.
- 2 cups whole milk yogurt (we prefer Straus brand)
- 1 cup shredded beets
- 1/4 each cilantro and parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cooked white potatoes (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Combine ingredients. Have fun with this one–you can really add anything that sounds good to you in a raita (cucumber, radish, carrots, spinach, etc.)
Submitted by Rachel Yaseen, Two Spoons