Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Beet and Walnut Pasta-variation
Simple ingredients make a satisfying dish in this easy recipe. Pre-roast the beets earlier in the week, when you have the oven on, then the dish will take only as long as the pasta boiling. Add the beet greens if you like, or save them for another dish. Try using cooked wheat berries in place of the pasta.
- 1 bunch beets, roasted, peeled and diced
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 handful walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
While pasta is cooking, prepare other ingredients. Drain al dente pasta and quickly toss with remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA