Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Philippe Waterinckx, Tucson CSA
This recipe uses a lot of produce commonly available at the CSA in August. It is very flexible and many items can be easily substituted.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels scraped off with sharp knife
- 1 teaspoon chile powder or paprika
- 1 teaspoon herbs (oregano or thyme)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 fresh green chiles, chopped
- 1 handful okra, whole (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 summer squash, diced
- 1 handful purslane, chopped in 1-in segments
- salt to taste
In a large skillet, saute onion and corn in hot oil until onion becomes translucent. Add chile powder, herbs, garlic, chiles, okra and jalapeno. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add squash and saute for another 5 minutes. Add purslane, saute for 5 last minutes. Serve with an omelet, on a tortilla, or
with some rice.
Submitted by Philippe Waterinckx, Tucson CSA