Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Asian Noodles (or noodle soup) with Mustard Greens
This is an easy weeknight dinner for 1-2 people or increase portions for more than one. The nutritional benefits of bone broth come through her in this simple soup. This can be gluten-free if using rice noodles.
- ½ lb Chinese noodles (or other Asian type)
- One bunch CSA Greens (I like mustard greens or a mix of mustard greens and a milder variety for this recipe)
- Optional Protein: your choice of small pieces of leftover meat, scrambled egg, tofu, cubes, cooked shrimp
- Bone Broth or other broth of your choice if you prefer a soup rather than just noodles
- For the sauce and optional flavorings:
- soy sauce
- peanut oil
- rice wine vinegar (or other type)
- minced garlic
- minced ginger
- Siracha or other spicy condiment, or minced spicy chili sesame oil (just a dash)
Make the sauce first by combining the sauce ingredients in proportions that taste good to you (I’ve listed them according to the amount you might use, from most to least):
Heat broth if using.
Wilt the greens in a saute pan in just the water clinging to them after washing.
Boil the noodles to taste (usually only 1-3 minutes, depending on your type of noodle), and drain.
Toss the noodles with the sauce, greens and optional protein. Add all ingredients into broth if using for a delicious soup.
Submitted by Paula Redinger, Tucson CSA