Have a good photo of one of these recipes? Contact us to submit it!
Arugula and Grapefruit Salad
Another recipe inspired by our farm visit, peppery arugula and sweet/sour grapefruit go perfect together in this simple recipe. The hardest part of this recipe is segmenting the grapefruit. To do this, just peel the grapefruit with a knife, cutting away the peel as well as the pith. Remove the individual segments by cutting between segments in a V shape towards the center of the fruit.
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and dried (chop roughly if using
- large leaves)
- 1 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 small handful thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Crumbled feta or blue cheese
In a small saucepan heat oil, vinegar and grapefruit over
medium high heat. Stir for a few minutes until grapefruit
has released some juice.
Season mixture with salt and pepper. Pour over arugula, tossing to coat. Garnish with nuts and cheese. Serve immediately.
Submitted by Sara Jones, Tucson CSA