Tucson CSA works with a farm share account managing system, Farmigo, which allows our members to manage their shares online and introduces some flexibility into the traditional CSA model. From their online accounts, members are able renew their shares, request or remove optional shares and place delivery holds.
Once an account has been created for you, you will be able to manage your account online. You can log in to your account to check your balance or make a payment, request an optional share or change days and place delivery holds for dates you are unable to pick up. All changes in your account will need to be made on Thursday or Friday in order to effect the following week’s pick up.
Four points to remember about deadlines:
- Recharging your account can be made at any time provided that your account is active. If your account is inactive (i.e. canceled) and you wish to restart your subscription, just contact us to have it reopened.
- Subscription changes can be made from the day after your pickup until midnight Friday.
- Pickup day changes can only be made on Thursday and Friday.
- Delivery holds can be placed at any time, but must be placed by midnight Friday if they are to take effect the following week.
- Avoid unintentional expiration of your subscription by ensuring that your credit balance as of midnight Friday is sufficient to cover the cost of your next pickup. If a payment is necessary to avoid expiration, and you wish to pay by check or cash, you must still go online to make a payment and check the ‘payment by check’ option to indicate that your payment is forthcoming.
Why a midnight Friday cut-off? Because we start planning for the following week’s pickups on Saturday morning.
Check out our FAQ for guidance to make changes to your account:
How do I Add or Remove share options (Subscription Change) – +
In addition to a standard produce share, Tucson CSA also offers bread, goat cheese, mushroom and sprout shares. (Link to producers?) If you would like to add any of these optional shares to your produce share you will need to first join the waitlist for that item. The waitlist is necessary for us to ensure that we do not go over capacity. We will typically transfer you to the active share list within a week or two of your request, as space permits. To join the waitlist for any of the optional shares, log in to your account and find the Summary window on the right hand side of the page. Under Summary, click on Subscription Change where you will find our current list of optional shares. If you would like to stop receiving one of your optional shares you will be able to manage that in the Subscription Change area as well.
How do I make a payment or renewal? – +
When you pay for your first share, you can choose to pay with a single payment by e-check or check, or set up automatic payments. If you opt for a one time payment, you will receive an automatic notification from us when your account balance is low. If you wish to continue your subscription you must log in to your account and renew by selecting a payment option before Friday at midnight. On Saturdays, any account below $24 is cancelled.
You can also choose to set up recurring automatic payments so that whenever your CSA account balance dips below $24 , your bank account will be automatically charged for the cost of another 6 or 12 pickups (whichever you choose initially). This option saves you from having to recharge your CSA account manually every 6 or 12 weeks and avoids the risk of having your subscription cancelled if your CSA account runs out of funds. You will receive a reminder from us when your account is about to renew. If you would ever like to opt out of the autopay system, simply contact us so we can remove your information from the account.
How do I place a delivery hold? – +
We are glad to be able to offer our members the option of working around their schedules when vacations or busy times keep them from being able to commit to picking up their share. However, to support our CSA farmers effectively we encourage you to put as few holds in your subscription as possible. On your account home page you will find the Delivery Hold tab along the top of the screen. Enter a date range for the desired Hold. You will not be scheduled for pickups during the range specified including the From and To dates. You can place up to three separate delivery holds at a time. Make sure to click the Save button! Reminder: if you would like to place a delivery hold for the coming week you will need to log in to your account and make the change by Friday at midnight.
Please note: if you are not enrolled in autopay you must ensure that you have a balance of over $24 in your account at all times in order to reserve your space in the CSA.
What are the Terms of Agreement? – +
As a member of the Tucson CSA, and from the moment as I sign up online for a Tucson CSA share, I commit to share the risks and rewards of the farm’s harvests for the duration of my subscription. I also agree that:
- I must pay for six or twelve pickups in advance, and my payment is non-refundable and does not guarantee me an exact amount of produce at each pickup;
- I am responsible for picking up my share(s) between 4:00 and 7:00 pm on my scheduled pickup days. If not picked up, my share(s) will be donated to charity at the end of the pickup day;
- The cost of my share(s) will be charged to my CSA account after each of my scheduled pickup days;
- I must place any Delivery Holds and make any Subscription Changes before midnight Friday if they are the take effect the following week;
- I may not claim refunds or credits for missed scheduled pickups;
- If I select the Recurring E-Check form of payment (Autopay)* my subscription will be renewed and I will be automatically charged when my CSA account balance drops below $24
* You can email us at any time to have your Autopay option turned off.
What happens if I don’t pick up? – +
As specified in our Terms of Agreement you can only pick up your shares from 4:00 to 7:00 pm on your scheduled pickup days. We understand that sometimes members either forget to pick up or can’t make it to the pickup. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to set unclaimed shares aside for a later pickup or to give members credit or refunds for unclaimed shares. If you do not pick up your produce or sprouts shares, they will not be wasted. Unclaimed produce is donated to local food assistance organizations after closing time (7:00 PM). However, we freeze unclaimed bread and cheese shares for up to one month for you to pick up at your next visit.
If you know ahead of time that you will be away on a given week, place your subscription on delivery hold (must do so online at the latest by the Friday prior to the week you want the hold to take effect). If you have a last minute change in your schedule you can ask a friend or neighbor to pick up your share. All they have to do is give YOUR last name at the check-in table.
What is Farmigo? – +
Farmigo is the customer database that we use to manage your subscriptions.